Why Does FX Still Show The 2012 Movie?

Screenshot of the White House destruction scene from 2012 on the Disney-owned FX Networks.

I don't know why I'm writing this, but lately, I've started to notice that FX has shown the 2012 movie pretty much every day. Yesterday, they played it around 2 pm, and now, they played it again at 10am this morning. I'm not saying that they have to take it off, it is a really good movie, despite the 3 out of 5 star rating on IMDb, I just wish they would stop showing it every single day. I could understand watching it on the FXNow app whenever I want (they got a lot of good movies on there, plus we get FXM now.), but showing a movie that's nearly 10 years old seems like eating old stale Ritz crackers that have been sitting on the kitchen counter for 3 weeks.

And also think about it, guess what happened on December 21st of 2012? Absolutely nothing! The mayans knew it was going to be the end of their calendar, but their mentions of the world ending sure as heck were not true at all!

It was a big thing that we thought was going to happen, and yet, We're still here!

I don't know why Sony made this movie about 3 years prior to the upcoming disasters that people suspected to happen, but nothing did. But I guess Sony was just trying to make people run like chickens on a dang road, hoping that no one dies, and allowing them to prepare for the worst.

FX and FXM have lots of other good movies like Passengers, Captain Underpants, Guardians of the Galaxy, The Internship, and many others. Can't the main FX channel do something for a change, and show one of those movies I mentioned instead. Passengers aired on FXX yesterday afternoon, but 2012 seems to be repetitive on the main FX channel.

FX is scheduled to show the Captain America Winter Soldier movie this Thursday, but that's in 6 days unfortunately, so I guess I'll just have to deal with 2012 and a bunch of other older movies until FX can show something really great.

Also, I think FX could start showing their original series during the day, but everyone keeps telling me, "Oh they can't. Just watch it online!". That just seems stupid, when premium cable networks like HBO and Showtime, now air their fan favorites like Game of Thrones and Dexter during hours when children are awake. And since children are in school now, it could also help FX a little bit to show them during afternoon hours.

But anyway, if you have any comments on FX repeating the 2012 movie all the time, leave your thoughts below. I just think the 2012 movie on FX two days in a row is just too much for me.

Comments