2019 BAFTA Awards Thoughts

To start things off for my first post, I watched the BAFTA awards on BBC One eariler today, and I was pretty impressed of how many awards were won. About over 25 awards were given away, and most of them were awarded to BBC itself, the network airing the awards. BBC won over a dozen awards (15 to be exact), Sky Television won 5 awards, including Best Actor, ITV won 2 awards, for Best Entertainment & Reality Series, Channel 4 only walked with one award, which can only be seen in full on the BBC iPlayer, which I don't have access to, unfortenely. The Real Stories production company won also one award, I think for Best Short-form program.

Other awards were the two special awards given to certain actors for high-class acting, and one award for Best Supporting Actor, which was given to Ben Wishsaw, but was unable to make it to the ceremony, so the director of the winning program, picked up the award for Ben. Although I really wish Ben would have made it.

With BBC winning over a dozen BAFTAs, I think that BBC produces high-class television programming, compared to all of the other networks, which produce good programs, but doesn't have high-class acting, music, and production compared to BBC's series.

But like I said, BBC won 15 awards, and also BBC is publicly funded, so it's the most watched television network in the UK.

Comments